I am an I.T. graduate specializing in Communications and Computer Engineering, graduated in 2000. My thesis was on ‘Switched beam antenna design, Theory and Experiment’,. My specialist areas are :
- Antenna Design
- Radio Engineering
- Analog and Digital hardware design (from Transistor to FPGA)
- Microcontrollers and embedded systems
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
My work experience includes
- Electronics in automotives, especially the area of Electromagnetic Compatibility
- WAN over ADSL
- Design and Maintenance of small radio stations
- Outside Broadcast units
- Lecturing at the University of Malta and MCAST
Apart from my professional work I maintain a pro-am electronics workshop at home which is fully prepared to test equipment up to 200MHz.
Why do I describe myself as a pro-am? I do not have the resources to invest in a fully fledged laboratory but I believe that electronics constructors can build semi-professional equipment that is very good for circuit design and testing.